Tips for Determining if a Security Call is Legitimate
It is important that you cooperate with legitimate security calls that are trying to determine if a fraud has been committed using you debit card. Below are guidelines to help you determine when a security call is legitimate.
- The caller will always ask for the cardholder by name.
- The caller will NEVER ask for your card number, PIN number or security code as they already have this information.
- The caller will NEVER give you a complete card number and ask you to verify it.
- The caller will NEVER give you a PIN number or security code and ask you to verify them.
- The caller may give you the last few digits of your card in order that you may identify which card they are calling about. This is OK. Remember, they will never give you the entire card number over the phone.
- The caller WILL provide you with transaction information and ask if the charges are legitimate. You should answer these questions.